Happy holidays! We hope that you have a wonderful and restful season with loved ones.
Our collective holiday wish this year is for the City of Los Angeles to finally adopt short-term rental regulations. Every day we wait for regulation, more affordable housing is lost and more neighborhoods are being impacted.
In buildings like this one in downtown Los Angeles, homes are being replaced by hotels, neighbors by strangers.
Send a holiday note to your elected officials today and ask them to grant our wish for short-term rental regulations now!
News from Around the World
- In Paris, Airbnb puts automatic rental cap on central offers
- In London, Airbnb introduces 90-day annual limit for hosts
- And in Palm Springs, neighborhood activists are moving forward with placing a measure on the ballot to limit short-term rentals: What's next for vacation rentals in Palm Springs? Possibly a special election
- Airbnb is impacting rent all over the world: 6 cities harmed by AirBnb's brand of gentrification
- Airbnb is being used to launder money in Russia and beyond
- Many people—especially the disabled—are being left behind by the sharing economy